At this time we are unable to accept donations of food, but your financial donation would be gratefully accepted. Thank you!
The needs of Helena Food Share’s customers are constantly changing, which means the needs at our pantry are always changing too. If you’re interested in donating food items to benefit our customers once we are open for donations again, below is a list of needs for the current month.
If you have extra garden produce, please considering donating it Helena Food Share. Our customer’s love fresh food!
- Canned Soups
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Tuna
- Canned Meals (Stew, Chili, Lasagna, etc.)
Holiday Dry Goods Needed
- Green Beans
- Yams/Sweet Potatoes
- Evaporated Milk
All donations can be dropped off at our pantry at 1616 Lewis Street Monday from 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. and Tuesday to Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. Questions? Call (406) 443-3663.
Thank you for your support!
Organize a Food Drive
If you are interested in running a food drive with a group you are involved in please see this link for all the info that you will need.
Grocers or Food Industry Businesses
- Our weekly program is run entirely on the generous food donations of our local grocers. The Helena Food Share vehicles visit local grocers six days a week for grocery rescue. In 2009, Helena Food Share received 614,384 lbs. of food donated from local grocers.
- Due to lack of space and proper facilities, Helena Food Share is currently unable to accept already prepared food.
- The law protects food donors. The federal Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Act of 1996 protects businesses; nonprofit organizations and individuals who donate food in good faith from civil or criminal liability should such donated food later cause harm to a recipient.
Calling all hunters! Cleaning out last year’s game meat from your freezer? Consider donating all commercially processed game meat to Helena Food Share. OR, consider purchasing an extra tag this year. Drop off the carcass at Tizer Meats and we’ll take care of the rest!
Helena Food Share seeks and distributes wild game meat that has been commercially processed.
Garden Produce and Fruit
We love our community gardeners! When you harvest your fruit and vegetables consider sharing some with Helena Food Share! Interested in helping us with the Helena Food Share community garden? Please let us know!
Helena Food Share is unable to accept any of the following items:
- Rusty or un-labeled cans
- Homemade items
- Non-commercial canned items
- Alcoholic beverages
- Used/opened items
Please contact Helena Food Share’s staff by calling (406) 443-3663 or by emailing for additional information. Thank you.