- Canned Soups
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Tuna
- Canned Meals (Stew, Chili, Lasagna, etc.)
Make a Monetary Donation
Donations of food and donation of funds are both appreciated. At Helena Food Share we believe every gift is significant. Follow this link to donate funds.
Organize a Food Drive
If you are interested in running a food drive with a group you are involved in, download our Food Drive Tool Kit by clicking the button below! The kit will give you ideas on how to organize your food drive, contact information for support from our staff, and more.Download the Food Drive Tool Kit!
Grocers or Food Industry Businesses
- Our weekly program is run entirely on the generous food donations of our local grocers. The Helena Food Share vehicles visit local grocers six days a week for grocery rescue. In 2009, Helena Food Share received 614,384 lbs. of food donated from local grocers.
- Due to lack of space and proper facilities, Helena Food Share is currently unable to accept already prepared food.
- The law protects food donors. The federal Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Act of 1996 protects businesses; nonprofit organizations and individuals who donate food in good faith from civil or criminal liability should such donated food later cause harm to a recipient.
Calling all hunters! Cleaning out last year’s game meat from your freezer? Consider donating all commercially processed game meat to Helena Food Share. OR, consider purchasing an extra tag this year. Drop off the carcass at Tizer Meats and we’ll take care of the rest!
Helena Food Share seeks and distributes wild game meat that has been commercially processed.
Garden Produce and Fruit
We love our community gardeners! When you harvest your fruit and vegetables consider sharing some with Helena Food Share!
Interested in helping us with the Helena Food Share community garden? Please let us know!
Helena Food Share is unable to accept any of the following items:
- Rusty or un-labeled cans
- Homemade items
- Non-commercial canned items
- Alcoholic beverages
- Used items
All donations to Helena Food Share are tax deductible.
Please contact Helena Food Share’s staff by calling (406) 443-3663 or by emailing for additional information. Thank you.