- Charitable Gift Annuity: gifts that return income and are tax-credit qualifying for the donor.
- Estate plans and bequests: payable upon the donor’s death.
IRA Rollover Gifts
If you’re required to receive minimum distributions from your IRA and this additional income may create a tax burden, consider using these funds as a charitable gift.
- Individuals 70 1/2 or older can make outright gifts using IRA funds without tax.
- You will not pay income tax on the amount you donate.
- Contact your IRA administrator to make your gift.
Gift of Stock
Your broker can assist you in making a gift of stock via a direct transfer to Helena Food Share.
- Giving a gift of publicly traded stock that has increased in value and that you have owned for more than one year may yield better tax benefits than donating cash.
- Your charitable income tax deduction is equal to the fair market value of the stock and you avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the current value over the original price paid for the stock.
- By transferring stock, you may save on brokerage fees because you are switching ownership rather than selling the stock.
- To arrange a gift of stock, you or your broker may contact Daneal Lightner at (406) 443-3663 ext. 104 or by emailing.
Charitable giving of goods and services to help Helena Food Share complete its mission to create a hunger free community.