Your life is your legacy, and your compassion for our neighbors in Helena and East Helena who are in need has been a demonstrated and consistent value of yours. Through planned giving, you can make sure that your compassion and caring lives on, knowing that children, adults, seniors and veterans will not go hungry. That’s our commitment, and we know it’s yours, too.
Please contact your attorney or financial advisor for more details, or call us at 406-443-3663 with any questions.
Leave a Legacy of Care
Legacy Gifts are a wonderful way to designate funds in your estate to be distributed to an organization you care about. There are several ways you can make a gift to Helena Food Share through planned giving:
- You can note your desire to leave a gift to Helena Food Share in your will
- You can also dedicate a percentage of your overall estate to be distributed to Helena Food Share
- You can make a gift through a donor-advised fund
- You can give a gift of appreciated stock
- You can also designate some or all of your IRA to Helena Food Share, tax-free!
Making such a gift indicates a special connection to the efforts of Helena Food Share to serve our neighbors in need, and helping assure that our community and its children are able to receive nutritious food when they need it the most. Your Legacy Gift allows you to impact the future in addition to the gifts you make today. Thank you!
Sample Language for Donating a/the Remainder of Estate:
“I give, devise, and bequeath to the Helena Food Share Inc. TAX I.D. 36-3507623, all [or state the fraction or percentage] of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate, both real and personal. Helena Food Share may be contacted at P.O. Box 943, Helena, MT 59624 or via telephone at 406-443-3663.
Sample Language for Donating a Specific Amount:
“I give, devise, and bequeath $_____ to Helena Food Share Inc. TAX I.D. 36-3507623, all [or state the fraction or percentage] of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate, both real and personal. Helena Food Share may be contacted at P.O. Box 943, Helena, MT 59624 or via telephone at 406-443-3663.
IRA Rollover Gifts
If you’re required to receive minimum distributions from your IRA and this additional income may create a tax burden, consider using these funds as a charitable gift.
- Individuals 70 1/2 or older can make outright gifts using IRA funds without tax.
- You will not pay income tax on the amount you donate.
- Contact your IRA administrator to make your gift.
Gift of Stock
Your broker can assist you in making a gift of stock via a direct transfer to Helena Food Share.
- Giving a gift of publicly traded stock that has increased in value and that you have owned for more than one year may yield better tax benefits than donating cash.
- Your charitable income tax deduction is equal to the fair market value of the stock and you avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the current value over the original price paid for the stock.
- By transferring stock, you may save on brokerage fees because you are switching ownership rather than selling the stock.
- To arrange a gift of stock, you or your broker may contact Yim Joyce at (406) 443-3663 ext. 104 or by emailing.